cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Messages URL ?

Hi,

I want to trigger my custom application when the user presses the messages button on a 7940 / 7960.

I tried putting a URL in the CM simulator, with Cisco IP communicator, but the only difference is that now when I click the "Messages" button, I get to another page, but this is not my application url.

At the moment, I dont have access to a Physical phone and real CM to test, so I am not sure if its just a IP Communicator / Simulator related issue or if there something special that needs to be done to customize the "Messages" button.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Messages URL ?

If you read the description of that url in the ccm help, you can't change the place where the phone wil look - rather you can append menuitems to an already existing menu. The thing is.. if the default action of the message button is doing nothing (because no VM is defined), then I wouldn't expect something to happen if you change the message url.. so, does the VM button do something when you're connected to the simulator?

I've long since stopped using the simulator in favor of a real CCM (you can install the windows builds on a regular box which makes that process so much simpler.. I even run virtual machines containing CCM).

The Help page says that your url has to go to a page which contains the usual CiscoIPPhoneMenu menu.. then what will happen is that after the first option (Voicemail), you have all your MenuItems from your CiscoIPPhoneMenu page shown below the voicemail option. I've tested it here and it works exactly as advertised. You don't have to worry about syntax and the likes.. just create any normal CiscoIPPhoneMenu page - the call manager will automatically merge your page with the voicemail option. Of course, this means that you can no longer use the VM button to directly access your voicemail, but instead you then have to select option 1 to get to your voicemail, and option 2 - x to access one of the options in your own menu.

5 REPLIES

If you read the description of that url in the ccm help, you can't change the place where the phone wil look - rather you can append menuitems to an already existing menu. The thing is.. if the default action of the message button is doing nothing (because no VM is defined), then I wouldn't expect something to happen if you change the message url.. so, does the VM button do something when you're connected to the simulator?

I've long since stopped using the simulator in favor of a real CCM (you can install the windows builds on a regular box which makes that process so much simpler.. I even run virtual machines containing CCM).

Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have tried searching for info on the url, but cannot seem to find it.

How do I add a menu item to the list ? Or do I need to create a page with ??

I am now using a real CM and a real phone, and when I change the URL on a phone, I get 1 menu option for "VoiceMail" which corrosponds to the VM phone number.

The URL however points to a page with tag.

Thanks

Community Member

I think my problem is solved.

If I add a tag to the URL, it adds additional options.

Thanks

The Help page says that your url has to go to a page which contains the usual CiscoIPPhoneMenu menu.. then what will happen is that after the first option (Voicemail), you have all your MenuItems from your CiscoIPPhoneMenu page shown below the voicemail option. I've tested it here and it works exactly as advertised. You don't have to worry about syntax and the likes.. just create any normal CiscoIPPhoneMenu page - the call manager will automatically merge your page with the voicemail option. Of course, this means that you can no longer use the VM button to directly access your voicemail, but instead you then have to select option 1 to get to your voicemail, and option 2 - x to access one of the options in your own menu.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content