Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

When I (and a few other people) check my VoiceMail from the phone, it states that I have "Over 100 New messages..." yet I don't have any VoiceMails. Any thoughts on how to correct this?<br><br>

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Messages

From the Unity SA, check under the "Conversation" section for the subscribers in question. Under retrieving messages, there might be some options selected that you don't want (probably "Announce total number of new messages").

The online help on the subscriber "Conversation" page should give a pretty good description of how each selection works.

Anonymous
N/A

Actually... you can't disable the count. If you Class of Service includes emails you will get all your new messages as part of the count. If you remove TTS Email from your COS, it'll only give you the count for voice mails then.

currently this is hard coded...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

That's what I get for answering a non-integration question.

Anonymous
N/A

I did a little bit of looking at this and here's what I found: The Voice Mail system checks my mailbox and rattles off a number based on how many UNREAD messages I have. At the time I made the original post, I had over 100 messages unread. I marked a bunch to unread so I had less than 100 unread in my inbox and that is how many "Voicemails" I apparently had!

Anonymous
N/A

TTS is NOT part of the COS either....

Anonymous
N/A

well... if you had a bunch of voice mails, that would do it, too. Several folks have wanted to only hear their total message count that includes voice mails and to ignore their email count even though TTS is on... the conversations options page makes it appear this is possible, but that's not the case.

sounds like you got it figured out...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content