cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mexico IP Telephony - Route Patterns

w.brunson
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing a ICS 7750 with Callmanager and have reached the point of adding route patterns. Since this Callmanager will reside in Mexico and enable the users to make calls in Mexico, I will not be able to use the NANP dial plan. Has anyone installed and IP Telephony solution in Mexico and what did you do for route patterns? Thanks for any help

2 Replies 2

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

the dial plan feature just makes it easier to determine if the dialed digits are valid. I do not even use this feature. for some reason the voice side of the house likes to provided a fast busy from the pbx when a user dials a not allowed long distance number instead if letting the phone company do it. So we end up creating hudge dial plans in both our callmanager and avaya locations. you should be able to do the the same thing for numbers that are in mexico since you can use varible length dial plans in callmanager. I can not give you an example since the three time that I went to mexico each hotel used different access codes for local calls like most people use 9 here and I not not know how the area/city/exchange code work there but you get the picture.

I hope this helps.

scott

lisa.hall
Level 2
Level 2

I guess you may have to use a variable length dial plan. The following document should help you to understand and design the dialplan for your network

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/voipsol/dp3_isd.htm#xtocid1