Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

MGCP 1-3,24 change back to 24 after reboot!!!

Hi,

CCM4.13sr3c with 2811 T1 MGCP.

In the testing envoirnment, I configure "controller T1 0/0/0 with pri-group timeslot 1-3 service mgcp".

Everything seems ok, but after reboot, it changes to "pri-group timeslot 1-24 service mgcp". I try to change back to 1-3, but change again to 1-24 after reboot again.

Remove gateway from CCM, add new gateway, but same result.

In other words, it always change back to 1-24 after reboot.

Any ideas??

Thanks

P.S. I add the gateway at CCM first, then configure MGCP. Is order matter??

Ken

5 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: MGCP 1-3,24 change back to 24 after reboot!!!

Hi

Basically the problem is that partial t1's or e1s aren't officially supported on CallManager...

It does work OK if you do the config as you have, use the b-channel maintenance service parameter, and then on the gateway do a 'no ccm-manager config download'.

Each time the mgcp process resets or the router restarts the router obtains some configuration via tftp from callmanager. This is what's overwriting your config.

Allow the router to do a download, then take out the 'ccm-manager config download' command. Correct the channels line on your T1, and save. All done...

Bear in mind that you can't reset the gateway from the CM admin pages now - if you need to reset it, telnet to it and do 'no mgcp' then 'mgcp' to restart.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

Aaron,

Questions:

1. Do i have to configure "b-channel maintenance" under "service parameter" to use 3 channel only??

2. and also i have to remove 'ccm-manager config download"?? and after remove, I couldnt reset gateway at CCM, have to do that at router do 'no mgcp' then 'mgcp' to restart. Am I Right??

3. Thanks for help.

Ken

Super Bronze

Hi Ken

Yes - that's correct.

Please take the time to rate helpful posts.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

Aaron,

there is no 'no ccm-manager config download' command

Only has 'no ccm-manager config' or 'no ccm-manager config server'

So I will assume it will be 'no ccm-manager config'.

Thanks for help.

Ken

P.S. I just rated your post.

To my knowledge, this is normal operating procedure for the CCM and there is nothing you can do about it. Basically MGCP just expects that you have a fully populated PRI.

Ohamien

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content