Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGCP error: "null pointer specified for endpoint"

Hello all,

I'm trying to add an MGCP gateway: a 2811 w/ VIC2-2FXO. I've brought up several of these gateways, all with the same configuration, with no issues. However this particular gateway never registers.

The endpoints always show up as "Not Found" in Callmanager. If I do a "sh ccm-manager" on the gatway, it shows Registering with Cm and Backup Ready for my Primary and First Backup, and it will flip flop beween those two.

If I do a "debug mgcp error" I get the following output:

*Oct 19 19:17:31.719: mgcp_endpt_get_call_record: null pointer specified for endpoint

The strange thing is that CCM will push out the mgcpapp dialpeers to the gateway, but the endpoints just never register. I have not tried to attempt inbound/outbound calls.

I've tried to replace the hardware (whole router and FXO), I've also upgraded the IOS to flash:c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.123-14.T3.bin

Any ideas? I can't find the error on CCO or on the forums.

THanks in advance.

8 REPLIES

Re: MGCP error: "null pointer specified for endpoint"

We are experiencing the exact same issue with a 3825. We also have identical MGCP gateways at other locations in our network.

I have recently opened a TAC case on this issue and will keep you posted to our findings as i hope you will do the same for me.

Cordially,

Jan

What version of CallManager is this?

Green

What version of CCM you have?

I recap different DDTS for this error but need to look for them tomorrow at office.

One is a dial-peer port conflict when T1 and analog port have similar address.

With newer version of IOS, CCM sets up the dial-peers

Do you have a T1 module configured also for that router?

Could you please attach the:

-CCM detailed trace

-debug mgcp error

-sh run

Txs

Gonz

we have CCM 4.1(3). I will take a ccm detailed trace, but the debug mgcp error seems to completely crash the router.

Sh Run and Sh Tech are attached.

Interesting. We are running CCM 4.0(2). I'll provide the requested output as well whenever I get to the office. NO T1's on our routers though.

I also have a TAC case open on this.

I was curious if this issue was ever resolved. I ran into something like this today on a 2811 and tracked to the "ip domain-name xxxx" config on the router/gateway. With this command enabled on the router the MGCP domain name must be the fully qualified name (I knew this but forgot in the heat of battle) so instead of router_2811 as the gateway name in CallManager it needed to be router_2811.company.com, this resolved the "registration issue" with CallManager but now I can't dial out on the FXO ports. I can get inbound calls, I can change my gateway in the route list to another gateway and my dial patterns work just fine and I can call out, but when I try to call out either FXO I get about a 10 second delay after dialing and then a busy signal.

I'm not sure about the other posters, but I have not yet figured out the problem. I use the fully qualified domain name whenever I create an mgcp gateway, and it still does not allow me to register my gateway =(

Interestingly enough, if I register the same router on my LAN, it works like a peach.

We have the exact same problem (flip flop BW the pub and the sub) with the same error message. Have your found what the problem was ?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください