Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MGCP, FXO disconnect problem

i have an IP telephony setup including CCM 4.1(3) in cluster mode, 2811

Voice gateway with VIC2-4FXO. i'm using MGCP on the gateway and whenever i place a call from outside into the FXO, the internal IP Phone rings and continue to ring after the caller has cleared (goes on-hok).

i have an MGCP FXO disconnect problem!!

can not find out what FXO disconnect signaling is provided by the PSTN provider

thanx

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: MGCP, FXO disconnect problem

Yes, you have a textbook case here! From the 'Understanding FXO Disconnect Problem' tech note:

Scenario 1

Phone-A calls phone-B. Phone-B does not answer. Phone-A then goes on-hook, but phone-B continues to ring because the router's FXO has no signaling information of the change (going on-hook) made by phone-A. If the call is answered, it stays active until phone-B hangs-up, regardless of the actions of phone-A.

The problem is that you don't have any supervisory signalling and need to get some provided. We usually use ground start, but where you are some of the others may be more common. I suppose it is possible that one is already provided, you try turning one on and testing, run through them. If you don't sync your gateway the commands should stay on the port while you test. If one works, you are set, if none do, then you have to call and find out what they can provide, probably a new ckt order involved, likely higher charge. Once it is set up, I am not sure if mgcp sync will overwrite those commands, you would have to test, and if they do, change gateway to h323.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Mary Beth

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content