Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

MGCP Gateways and Cisco Fax

We are considering adding a fax solution to our IPT infrastructure using Cisco Fax (Captaris RightFax). Ideally we would like the same voice gateways to terminate the fax calls (internal voice calls use QSIG and external calls use Q.931). Can this be achieved with MGCP-controlled Voice gateways? Can T.38 fax be configured with an MGCP gateway. I have seen examples where H.323 dial-peers are required to talk SIP to the Fax Server.

If not, is an alternative to use a back-to-back PRI connection between a voice gateway port and the Fax Server ISDN card, with appropriate route patterns in CallManager to route the fax calls to Fax Server, using Cisco Fax Relay?

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: MGCP Gateways and Cisco Fax

hi,

we have a RF installation with E1 isdn fax card on the server. It works very fine for us. we have configured fax-passthrough on the gateways.

With cm 4.2.3 there is t.38 support for mgcp gateway.

greetings

mehmet

Silver

Does your E1 fax card connect to an MGCP-controlled port on the gateway, and then you have appropriate route patterns configured to send fax calls to the RF server?

Bronze

all e1 controllers are mgcp controlled. one of them is rf e1 card.

PSTN---> e1 (38xx Gateway) ---> e1 (RF Server)

we have route patterns for the fax dns in direction of rf server.

greetings

mehmet

Can you provide an example of how the route patterns are configured for your Fax DNs in CallManager

Silver

Is it possible to use IP T.38 Fax Relay with MGCP gateways? The examples in the installation document I've seen on CCO use H.323 dial-peers to direct fax traffic towards the Fax Gateway using SIP. It would be preferable to use an IP mechanism rather than a back-to-back E1 connection between the voice gateway and the Brooktrout card.

Bronze

with cm 4.2.3 there is mgcp t.38 support implemented.

see release notes cm 4.2.3

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6729/c1178/ccmigration_09186a0080724724.pdf

regards

mehmet

Hey Guy,

Just curious how you got t38 to work with MGCP? I work with RF a couple times a month and I have not been able to get that to scream yet?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies