cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mgcp on 3640 problems

bkovar
Level 1
Level 1

We are having problems making offnet calls out the FXO port of our 3640. Problem is we have our IP phones set so that you hit 8 you draw outside dialtone from the FXO port. You can call from the IP phone offnet and the remote phone will ring and show caller ID. However there is no ringback on the IP phone and when the far end phone picks up, there is just a fast busy.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

What version of IOS are you running on the 3640. Are you sure that the 3640 can ping the IP phone. Due to the nature of IOS pings you will not get 100% to IP phone bug you should get 40-60%. Also what codec are you using g.711 and g.729?

Thank you,

-Mckee

IOS Version 12.2(4)T1

We are using g.711 mulaw

(we also have an fxs module on this same 3640 with an analog phone plugged in, the analog phone can dial ip phone extensions fine, but it also (when you dial 8 to get out) has the same problem.

Thanks,

Brent

Have you tried plugging a phone into the line coming from the PSTN and attempting the call (bypass the 3640 altogether and make sure there are no provisioning problems etc with the line itself)? What about "debug mgcp packet" on the 3640--any unusual errors? Perhaps you might also want to check the answer supervision type on the fxo module and the PSTN. If one side is using battery reversal and the other isn't, that could cause odd behavior.

i tried plugging the phone in the wall and it worked fine. Will try some more debugs I think I played with the batter reversal, but it didn't help.

Thanks,

Brent

Got it working now. Thanks for the replies.

Brent