cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP on 3640 With T1 CAS

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone know if you can run MGCP on a 3640 router using a T1 CAS(chanelized T1) connection. I have tried to do this without much luck, I heard something to the affect that it wasn't yet supported in IOS. Does anyone have any further information on this?

6 Replies 6

hcoltrain
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious as well :) . What exactly are you trying to do?

I am trying to use the 3640 as a voice gateway between a call manager network and a Legacy PBX with a chanelized T1 Card.

rcampbel
Level 1
Level 1

12.2(2)XN is the first and only(I believe) IOS release to support MGCP and T1(CAS or PRI). Use with extreme caution, there is a DSP timeout bug that can render the DSP's from answering calls.

I take it 12.2(2)XN is still in beta or deffered, I cannot find it on CCO at this time, any idea when it, or a more stable image file will be available?

Nope - it's been there for a few weeks now -

(it *is* in early deployment - but I'm not sure where else you'd expect this kind of functionality - it's pretty stable for us...)

- Ken

You can check with Cisco, but that release is the first to support MGCP w/T1. The drawback is that release does not support SRST, so if that is a requirement for your deployment.. you are stuck with H323 for a while longer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: