Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MGCP on T1-CAS on VG200

Does anyone have a VG200 working in MGCP using a T1-CAS circuit? I have a high density voice module with a VWIC-1MFT-T1 card in it that I can currently configure only for H.323.

It won't stay registered to the CCM in MGCP mode.

I have just installed 12.2.2XN, as recommended for a T1-PRI configuration.

Any successes out there?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MGCP on T1-CAS on VG200

This should work for you. I suggest you download the config from the ccm.

If you follow this link step by step you should not have any problems.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122limit/122x/122xn/122xn2/ft_ccm.htm

Thank you,

-Mckee

Thanks for the link! I have it configured. I can call into the gateway from a PBX (it's a tie line), but I cannot make a IP call to the PBX from an IP phone. I have re-assigned the gateway in the dial-pattern. The gateway stays registered with the CCM. This gateway worked previously as an H.323 gateway, but it's been totally reconfigured for MGCP.

Suggestions??

Thanks again!

Cisco Employee

With the information you have provided I would purely get guessing as to what the problem is. I think you are saying you can call from the pbx through the gateway to an ip phone, but cannot call from an ip phone through the gateway to the pbx. What is happening. Are you getting reorder. Is it a partition and calling search space issue. Are you stripping some digits that you don't need to be or are you adding extra digits that used to get stripped in h.323 mode. If the call works one way it sounds like the gateway is okay.

Thank you,

-Mckee

OK,

OK, I wiped out the entire configuration and started over. Now, everything works great, except for calling the IVR from the PBX side. I am monitoring the following in the CCM server's performance monitor:

Call Manager

Calls Attempted

Calls Completed

T1 Channels Active

When I begin dialing, the T1 channel goes active, which tells me that the gateway is passing the call to the CCM. I get a busy tone about 1 sec. after the last dialed digit. When I terminate the call, Calls Attempted increments by two, T1 Channels Active drops to 0, and Calls Completed retains its previous value.

I noticed that when I call the IVR from an IP Phone, the Calls Attempted counter increments by one, and the call goes through. Then it increments by one again when the call terminates, and Calls Completed increments by one.

This is a very simple and basic configuration of CCM with only a default device pool, and no partitions, calling search spaces, or media groups.

Again, this is a "conversion" to MGCP from H.323. Everything was working under H.323, but I would rather use MGCP.

Dude can you send me a copy of how you configured your VG200 to support MGCP? I am having the same problem. I can't get the VG200 to register with Call Manager.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Brian Webster

bwebster@pacblue.com

Views
Helpful
Replies