Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MGCP periodically unregisters

I have a dual PRI on a VG200 that periodically unregisters with CM. The VG200 is running 12.2(2)XN CM is running 3.2(1). I get this message in the Call Manger Application log when it happens:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco CallManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 3/28/2002

Time: 9:17:43 AM

User: N/A

Computer: API-CM-1

Description:

Error: DeviceUnregistered - Device unregistered.

Device name.: S1/DS1-1@API-VG200-PRI-1

Device IP address.: 10.64.15.111

Device type.: 121

Device description [Optional].: S1/DS1-1@API-VG200-PRI-1

Reason Code [Optional].: 9

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: API-CM-1-Cluster

Node ID: 10.64.5.11

Explanation: A device that has previously registered with Cisco CallManager has unregistered. This event may be issued as part of normal unregistration event or due to some other reason such as loss of keepalives.

Recommended Action: No action is required if unregistration of this device was expected..

When this happens, phones that have an active conversation through the Gateway drop into "temp fail" state which means the conversation continues but I can't interact with Call Manager to do holds, transfers, etc. Any ideas?

- Jim

1 REPLY

Re: MGCP periodically unregisters

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content