Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MGCP Reset

Once in a week mgcp protocol is getting hunged in my router and no incomming and outgoing calls to PSTN. I need to do " no mgcp" then "mgcp" to fix the issue.

Is there any perment fix for this. Iam using 3640 router with 12.3(7)T3 version.

Thanks

Satish

2 REPLIES

Re: MGCP Reset

Earlier versions of 12.3 IOS's had MGCP issues, and the current IOS versions are much better. I personally ran into a lot of strange MGCP issues at times with the 12.3(7)T series.

I would look at running the the latest 12.3(14)T release or a 12.4 mainline if you can. I've had luck with 12.3(14)T7 and newer in 12.3T, and 12.4(7b), 12.4(8a) seem good for 12.4 mainline so far. YMMV.

Besides IOS, you want to verify you router config is good and there isn't a router config issue getting it stuck-up. Things like having 'application mgcpapp' under dial-peers that are for PRI ports, etc.

Also, if you go to 12.3(14)T or higher you want to check your SRST and MGCP Fallback configuration after the update since the syntax changed on those commands a little. The 'application mgcpapp' changed over to 'service mgcpapp' keywords and there is a global application section now.

Re: MGCP Reset

do we have any bug on this ??

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content