Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MGCP SRST Fallback question w/PRI network side emulation

Hi,

Have a question regarding PRI setup w/MGCP then PRI when used in fallback mode (SRST).

MGCP gateway is configured to emulate network since PBX can only do user side.

Can we set the D channel in IOS config to emulate network there as well (for when in SRST mode) or will this over-ride the MGCP config? I haven't tried this yet and have looked for docs but haven't found any yet. My thinking is that MGCP would be in effect then when MGCP went down (failed) the normal router/gateway config commands would be in effect.

Is this right or not?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: MGCP SRST Fallback question w/PRI network side emulation

I do not think there should be any problem, and it should work as desired. As MGCP gtwy when with link to CCM up, and as h323 gtwy in SRST mode.

Re: MGCP SRST Fallback question w/PRI network side emulation

This depends on the gateway and IOS being used.

If you're using a CMM, all the current CMM SRST code has a bug in which the config will get over-written incorrectly by SRST.

Any 12.2.13T or high based SRST device should be fine. Simply put the "isdn protocol-emulate network" command on the Serial D channel interface and make sure your switch type is set correctly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.