Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MGCP, VG200, and FXO's

I'm having trouble with my fxo cards in the VG200 gateways. If my T1 line fails for whatever reason (but that never happens does it AT&T?), the fxo ports hang. If I monitor their status in CallManager, they report as not registered, or unknown as the status. A reload, or reset of each gateway brings it back to life. I am using CCM ver 3.1(3a) and MGCP for the gateways. The IP Phones on the same network find the server after the line problem is resolved, but the ports never do.

Does anyone have any idea why they do this? While I configured SRST, it won't really help me in this scenario when SRST relies on the ports of the gateway to make calls!

3 REPLIES

Re: MGCP, VG200, and FXO's

I suggest you to enable the CCM traces and observe what exactly is happening when T1 fails.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, CCM traces won't reveal much since the VG200 is on the WAN side, and after the link is down the ports aren't able to find CallManager again. I have TAC working on the case, but I'm not getting very far - they think it may be a bug. I have several debug MGCP events for them, but it still isn't known what is causing the issue.

If anything interesting pops up, I'll post it here.

Thanks!

We have had a similar issue with analog line coming into FXOs on a VG200 running 12.2.2XN and 12.2.11T with CM 3.1(4). We have not had a resolution - though we have an ancient TAC case aout it - slight interruptions or glitches in the telco dial tone do it to us - again that never happens does it? :-)

- Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content