cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Following is captured from Cisco document. I am wondering : Has anybody done a minimum configuration(MGCP related) to make the MGCP work and what actually is downloaded from CCM:

After the required basic configuration of your MGCP voice gateway is completed and the gateway is

reset, the configuration file, formatted in XML, is downloaded automatically from the Cisco

CallManager server to your local gateway through a TFTP server. On receipt, the local gateway parses

this file, converts it to Cisco IOS CLI commands, and uses it to update its active configuration.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Below is a series of guidelines or step for basically setting up a IOS MGCP Gateway. In the following example, I have used a 3660 with a NM-HDV Module with a MFT E1 vwic.

Make sure there is IP connectivity between the router and the CallManager.

Now add the gateway to CallManager:

Add new gateway device, with gateway type = 3660 and device protocol = “Not required for MGCP”

MGCP Domain Name = ROUTER-C3661.domain.com

Add the voice module in slot 1 = NM-HDV and the voice module in slot 3, then insert.

Now change the sub-units from none to the VWIC-1MFT-E1 for 1/0.

Click update, now Drill down to the Slot 1 Endpoint Identifier and configure for the usual device pool, MRGL, Calling Search Space, Location, Num Digits = 32, Input Gain = -3, Echo Cancellation Coverage = 32 ms.

Perform necessary “updates” and “resets” (even though we haven’t done the router end yet).

Check that a new file called router-c3661.domain.com.cnf.xml has been added to the publisher TFTP path (found at c:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath).

Now configure the gateway for MGCP and to get this config (from CCM) and apply it to the router running configuration.

Add the following configuration to the IOS router:

interface Serial1/0:15

no cdp enable

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager config

ctrl-z

Wait a mon=ment or two and you will lots of messages run off the screen.

For your reference, run the following exec command to force a config download and parsing (you’ll get lots of screen messages while this completes) and registration with CallManager, a gateway reset from CallManager does the same job and basically re-adds the configuration.

ccm-manager config-download check-configuration reset

Thanks a lot. This looks good, it did download the file from CCM. But one thing weird is I didn't see this XML file on the ccm(i looked both CMs). Weird .

What version of CCM are you running ? Within 3.3 under the advanced TFTP service parameters you have the option to turn caching off, by default it is on. So when you look within the TFTP path you will only generally see the phone loads for example, all device profiles are cached.

If you disable caching you should see the specific xml file.

Thanks a lot. It is exactly as you said.