cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Netmeeting and Cisco 3640

amitsonik
Level 1
Level 1

Let me tell you the kind of setup i have in place.

PC(Using Microsoft Netmeeting)--(Connected to LAN)--->Cisco 3640-----T1-------> Nortel Network DMS250 switch(Tandem Switch)--->PSTN.

I am able to make a call using Microsoft Netmeeting. But the voice quality suffers badly when a user at the PSTN side tries to listen the user at the PC side. The user at the PC Side can listen the converstion at the PSTN side.

Can anybody help me configure the correct QoS for this setup. Thanks in advance.

i have the following been configured on the Cisco 3640:

controller T1 1/0

framing sf

linecode ami

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

speed auto

full-duplex

no cdp enable

voice-port 1/0:0

echo-cancel coverage 32

bearer-cap 3100Hz

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern ..........

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:0

forward-digits all

dial-peer voice 4 voip

incoming called-number ..........

codec g711ulaw

fax rate disable

no vad

Looking forward to hear ....

Thanks,

Amit Sonik

1 Reply 1

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: