Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Migrate Unity 3.x Databse to new 4.04 servers

Hi,

I have a client with Unity 3.x in a fault tolerant configuration connected to an off box Exchange 2000/AD environment (UM configuration).

I am building a new Unity 4.04 system, which I am happy with, but have a question about exporting/importing the database from the old system:

1) Do I use the DiRT to export from 3.x then the full import utility to import to 4.04? Will this work OK>

2) Can the new servers have different server names with the above procedure?

I have been looking on ciscounitytools.com. There is some good information but I am a little confused by the various versions of export/import utilities.

Thanks

Paul Gregory

1 REPLY

Re: Migrate Unity 3.x Databse to new 4.04 servers

The Full Database Export/Import Utility will not support your configuration. It only supports going from 2.x to 3.x or 4.x. DiRT will allow you to have a server with a different name, but it must have the exact same Unity version. So, you could use DiRT to export from the old server, install 3.x on the new server, use DiRT to import to the new server, and then upgrade the new server to 4.0(4).

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content