Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

migration from 2.45 to 3.13

Hi,<br>We were hoping to find out if there is any tools available that can export the user db (incl call handlers) from a Unity 2.45 version and import them into a Unity 3.13 version ?. On the tools page, the export tool says it only imports into ver 2.46. <br>We are running up another server to replace the old 2.45 machine, and need to copy the user customised information across (user recordings, call handlers etc)<br><br>If this is not available, and we have to manually copy off the call handlers using the save utilility from the GUI. Does anyone know if we will be able to copy these onto the new version of Unity the same way ?<br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br><br><br>

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: migration from 2.45 to 3.13

the import/export tool that ships with the 3.1(x) CD allows you to export data from systems as old as 2.3.4(104) and import them into 3.x. I don't have those versions posted on AnswerMonkey, but they are on the CCO utilities page.

I keep the version that imports into 2.4.6 out there since you can't get it anywhere else (imports into 2.4.6 are not TAC supported so I can't stick it on the CCO site).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,

Thanks once again. Sorry, I did not look on CCO first, I only looked on the answer monkey site.

Cheers.

Fingers crossed for the migration......

BTW: Does it also migrate call handlers flow and custom recorded greetings. ie, assuming this works fine, is there anything else I need to do to get the two boxes the same ?

Anonymous
N/A

it moves everything including the links, greetings etc... the help file lists a few things that don't get migrated (i.e. subscriber passwords, a few registry settings, public distribtuion list membership etc...). Check that list to make sure you have everything you need.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies