cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migration from 5.5 to 2000

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with unity 3.1.6 & exchange 5.5. They are going to migrate to exchange 2000. From a unity perspective, what is the best migration strategy & what would i need to change on unity?

Thanks

Rob

4 Replies 4

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

Do you know HOW your customer is going to "migrate" to Exchange 2000? If the users/aliases are going to remain the same and the mailboxes are going to be upgraded to E2K, your best bet would be to backup and restore using the DiRT utilities. Also, check out this link. It is written for Unity 4.0, but most of the info will apply to you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00801187c8.html#1072657

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Are they going to try to co-exist with 2000/5.5 or just upgrade and existing server? Can you provide more details on what they plan to do?

You can above rebuilding the Unity server with a little planning...

I don't think they have decided one way or the other. They are asking me which I would prefer.

Rob

Can you recommend the best way to migrate from unity's perspective. This customer doesn't care.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: