cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Unity 3.1(5)UM-4.0(3)UM and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

I have been over and over the docs for migrating from Unity 3.x to Unity 4.x but still have questions.

My company is a Windows NT domain (1) and will migrating to MSAD and Exchange 2003.

What I have not really understood is the order for which things have to migrated.

If I migrate Exchange to 2003 then Unity will not talk to it until I update it to 4.0(3). But I cannot run ForestPrep until I am at Unity 4.0(3).

Should I create an AD in mix mode and then an Exchange 2003 server inside of that and then create an ADConnector back to Exchange 5.5. Thay way 3.1(5) can still talk to Exchange 5.5. Should I build another Unity Server on the AD side and then how can I get all the configuration information from the Unity 3.x server to the 4.x server? Is there a tool that will pull off everything from Voice Prompts, Call Handlers, Directory Handlers, etc..?

I would love to see a good example and believe me I've read all the docs.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What you want to do is upgrade Unity to 4.0(3) while you still have Exchange 5.5 only. Then, once you are ready to go to Exchange 2003, you can follow the steps in this doc:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents/Cisco%20Unity%20Modification%20and%20Upgrade%20Guide%20(With%20Microsoft%20Exchange).pdf

Thanks,

Keith

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What you want to do is upgrade Unity to 4.0(3) while you still have Exchange 5.5 only. Then, once you are ready to go to Exchange 2003, you can follow the steps in this doc:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents/Cisco%20Unity%20Modification%20and%20Upgrade%20Guide%20(With%20Microsoft%20Exchange).pdf

Thanks,

Keith

Thank you for the URL it was very helpful and exactly what I needed.