Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of voicemail subscribers from Unified Messenger to Unity

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

We currently have subscribers configured in Avaya's Unified Messenger (Exchange 5.5 and CallManager 3.2(2c)). We will be moving to Unity 3.1 on Exchange 2000. Has anyone successfully migrated users from Unified Messenger to Unity, including subscriber properties? I know we can coexist for some time, by using the Unity Bridge for OctelNetworking. But we'd like to move these customers over to Unity as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Ginger Kavan

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can, of course, import users from AD into Unity as they move off of Unified Messanger but there's no easy way to extract detailed user information out of UM for import into Unity that I know of... If you can get hold of some sort of user information dump utility for UM I could take a look at the output to see if it's usable for this purpose.

Sounds good! I'll check the utilities available and see if I can pare down the information to just our subscribers. The front-end database, which can be copied and viewed in Access contains our entire Exchange organization's GAL, about 12000+ entries. Only about 400 of those are voicemail enabled.

Thanks for your help!