Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Minimum and maximum password length

I've been asked to define system requirements for passwords, including minimum and maximum characters, security, and the ability of both user and administration to define and change them for Unity3.X. Can you help answer?<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Minimum and maximum password length

check out the "account policy" page on the SA. This is where all the password rules for Unity's phone passwords are set (it looks similar to the NT PW policy page... note entirely by accident). You can set minimum PW lengths, PW history and all that here.

NT passwords only come into play if you're creating new accounts through the SA (i.e. not importing standing Exchange users). There's a default NT PW that must be set when you create a new account which is configured on the subscriber template itself on the "passwords" page.

You cannot change NT passwords or the NT password policy through the Unity administration console.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Minimum and maximum password length

I think that the Max password length is 32 digits.

Views
Helpful
Replies