cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

minimum requirements for 2 phone at remote site

perrymichael
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if I could set up two IP phones at a remote site without a voice card installed in the router. Can I set up the router as a gateway with a voip dial-peer pointing to the remote location, and will i need to use a voice ios on the router or can I get by with setting the phones up as if they were additional devices on the network pointing to the call manager??

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can put a remote site with any number of phones and can still be part of Callmanager. WHen the connection (wan, vpn etc) between remote and main site fails, you can have the phone register local to the router at the remote site, (Cisco IOS with voice feature set, can run a feature called SRST). This will give them basic dial tone, callin, call out with some additional calling features. If you think that you dont need dialtone on the phones when your wan is down, then you can get by with out using SRST on the router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Do I need a voice ios installed on the router///

Yes, you will need IP VOice (26xx) or

IPVoice, SPServices or ADv. iP services IOS on the ISR routers. for SRST.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: