Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed call directory

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I have CallMgr 3.2 using a 7960.

Is there a place to set a dial 9 and/or 1 before a number in the Missed Calls under DIrectory? When you look at the Missed Calls it shows the number that called you. When you press the dial softkey it tries to dial that number exactly. We need to dial a 9 for outside calls and a 9,1 for long distance.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Trae

5 Replies 5

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

You should have this defined in your route patterns. the gateway/routelist can have 9 or 1 in the predigit dialing. This is a good way to do Least Cost Routing.

Geoff

By setting up the gateway/routelist you will not need to dial 9 or a 1; it will be built into the system. That seems a lot better to my people, and accounting will like the fact that you can control long distance dialing. you will also be a hero with LCR and save the company big bucks, if you have locations that are long distance to one another.

Geoff

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

Although adding the 9 to the Route Pattern defeats the whole "Dial 9 for outside line" on all calls.

Another option is to modify the calling number on incoming calls, either at the gateway or in a Translation Pattern, to prefix a 9. The 9 will appear on the caller ID, but in my experience, most people can adapt to that more easily than the Edit Dial option.

c.donnelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same problem and to get around it I added a number translation on my incoming h-323 gateway. The gateway is a Cisco 2600 running IP+ and the translation looked like this.

translation-rule 1

Rule 1 ^0.% 90

Rule 2 ^1.% 901

Rule 3 ^2.% 902

Rule 4 ^3.% 903

Rule 5 ^4.% 904

Rule 6 ^5.% 905

Rule 7 ^6.% 906

Rule 8 ^7.% 907

Rule 9 ^8.% 908

Rule 10 ^9.% 909

This worked beautifully and allows me to do exactly what you are looking to do.

P.S.

Apply the transaltion rule to your incoming dial-peers using the following command :-

translate-outgoing calling 1

Hope this helps

Chris

Thanks to all for your help. Since I am using a 2600 with IP+, this options sounds like a good one to try.

Thanks again.

Trae

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: