Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Missing AbbrDial Softkey

I don't have an AbbrDial softkey on any of our phones. I have checked all of the softkey templates as well and it isn't an option in any of them. Am I missing something? Shouldn't this have been setup automatically when we installed and setup CCM? We are running CCM 4.1.3.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Missing AbbrDial Softkey

You will not see the softkey until you press a digit while you are in on-hook state.

HTH, Please rate all posts!

Chris

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that. I have several speed dials configured for the phone I am testing, some that are assigned to buttons and some that are not. When I go off hook and press a speed dial number such as 5, I only see <<< and End Call.

Verify what options do you have on your Softkey template.

Its not an available option. Apparently, the abbrdial is not part of the softkey templates but rather part of the phone firmware. I have a customer system that has abbrdial that is working and its not on any of their softkey templates either. The only difference being they are using an older firmware vesrion than we are. It's like it has been removed or turned off on the latest firmware.

No you are still looking for it in the wrong place. Stay ON HOOK, then press the speed dial number. AbbrDial will appear.

Let me know if it works.

Ohamien

You are correct, the AbbrDial is not in the template, it just magically appears after a digit is dialed. A customer of mine reported the same problem today on two identical 7940s. One has the AbbrDial button, and the other doesn't. I'll update this if I determine the cause. Did you upgrade to 4.(3), or new install?

The customer got back to me, and they were going off hook before trying to use AbbrDial, which will not work. Once they did on hook dialing, everything worked as expected.

Views
Helpful
Replies