Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Missing button templates for 7940.

Our CallManager does not show button templates for the 7940 phones. When configuring a 7940 it lists both a 1-line and 2-line template, but the templates do not appear in the list of templates. Any new 7940 phones added to the system pick up the 2-line template by default and work fine, but if you change to the 1-line template listed within the phone's management page, the phone never comes past "configuring IP" after a reset. Since there is no default 7940 template listed, I cannot copy an existing template for the 7940. We noticed this in CallManager 3.0.11, and the condition persists after upgrading to 3.1.1 this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Joel Worthington

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Missing button templates for 7940.

You can only have a 1-line and a 2-line template for the 7940. This being 1 line and 1 speed dial and 2 lines. That is why you do not see the templates in the list there is no need to modify or create more because we give you all the options you can possible have. As far as the problem you are having I have seen this before if someone did the work around for bug CSCdt26019 incorrectly. If this is the case I suggest you open a TAC case and they should be able to help you fix it.

Thank you,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content