cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Voice Messages

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br>A user is reporting that people are not receiving messages that she leaves. She says she calls and waits for the beep and then speaks her message. However, when she checks back with the person to see if they got her message, they haven't. I have had her call several people in our office and could not duplicate the problem. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?<br>Thanks!<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

I checked and the user is over her limit in her mailbox. We have exchange setup that normal email still comes in but the person cannot send if they are over their limit. Would this be the cause of the problem? Should the person leaving the message be receiving a return message that it failed?
Thanks!

Not applicable

If the person leaving the voice mail message is over limit 1 or 2 they will hear a warning when they enter their mailbox over the phone and they will not be allowed to send new voice mail messages over the phone.

If the recipient's mailbox is full, the message will be bounced back to the sender as an NDR. If they left it as an outside caller (i.e. instead of logging in) that message will be forwarded to the "Undeliverable Messages" distribution list for handling since obviously we can't bounce it back to the sender in that case.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Is the message still bounced back from the recipient even though we allow users to receive mail after they are over their limit just not to send?

Not applicable

No. To be clear, Unity doesn't bounce anything.... we send the message via the MTA on our local Exchnage server and it routes it to the user's home store server and THERE it get's bounced (this is how Exchange works). We have nothing to do with deciding if the message gets rejected or not.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification!

Not applicable

In the end, this is what was happening: Our users were being identified even if they did not log on to their account. So, if they just called a number (no logging in) and got someone's voice mail, the caller would leave a message but it would not be delivered (or sent to the unaddressed message list). Support gave us a patch and now it sends messages from callers who are over their limit as unidentified callers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: