cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mixing T1s and PRIs on th same router

ahab
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2851 voice bundle. Is it possible to take two VWIC 1MFT-T1 modules and use one for a voice PRI and one for a voice T1 line? I think I read that you couldn't do it with a 2MFT-T1 card but wasn't sure about splitting it up but still on the same router.... I also have a data T1 via a 1DSU-T1V2 on the box.

Thank!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Like I said running voice and date on the same VWIC-2MFT-T1 can cause clocking issues since the entire card has to participate in network clocking, however voice and date on seperate VWIC-1MFT-T1 works just fine.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can safely do it, I've done several deployments just like that.

You are correct as far as not doing it on a dual 2MFT card as that can cause clocking issues. But if you have two single MFT cards it's not an issue.

HTH,

Chris

Having 2 voice circuits (i.e. 2 T1/PRIs on a VWIC-2MFT-T1 .. is that supported by Cisco? and what about having 1 T1/PRI for Voice and 1 T1 for Data on the same VWIC-2MFT-T1 card. I had a lot of clients running with both scenarios above and some of them are having clocking issues and Telco is saying the circuits are clean. Is that something to do with the internal clocking of the router in order to sync the DSPs?

-Jose

Like I said running voice and date on the same VWIC-2MFT-T1 can cause clocking issues since the entire card has to participate in network clocking, however voice and date on seperate VWIC-1MFT-T1 works just fine.

Chris

Alright, I have one other similar senario. 2851 with a 2MFT, a 24 channel T1 for voice on one port and a 2nd T1 on the 2nd port, 8 channels voice 16 data... From what I can gather I can do this as both are t1s and the 2MFT card can do 3 port groups.

Sound correct?

This might be tricky, you can certinly give it a shot.

Chris