Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MLA Uninstall + Install Problem

I have just upgraded to CCM 3.3.5 from 3.3.3sr4 and trying to install MLA 1-2-4a, however it says I have to uninstall MLA 1-2-2 (that I previously had installed on previous version of CM) before I can install the new version, when I try to uninstall from add/remove programs it can't find the uninstall file, any ideas on another way of uninstalling the old MLA??

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: MLA Uninstall + Install Problem

Hi Paul,

This may be what you are looking for;

Error You cannot install MLA 1.2(4a) because an error message states that MLA is already installed, but

MLA is not found in the Add/Remove Programs list.

Possible Cause

Removal of the MLA registry key did not complete.

Corrective Action

Perform the following steps to work around this problem:

1. Check whether the following registry key is present:

HKLC\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Multilevel Admin

2. If the registry key is present, delete the registry key manually before you install MLA 1.2(4a).

From this helpful doc for MLA 1.2(4)a;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide09186a0080490d2f.html#wp37808

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Re: MLA Uninstall + Install Problem

Hi Rob,

Thanks alot for that, worked fine, I was a bit unsure to go around messing with the registry but it looks like I couldn't do it any other way, I also had to remove the MLA folder from the C:drive.

It's a funny one as if I was to upgrade the MLA before I upgraded the CCM I don't think it would of took the newer MLA release as the compatibiltiy matrix says that MLA 1-2-4a won't work on CCM 3-3-3sr4.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content