cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLA Uninstall + Install Problem

smithsera1
Level 1
Level 1

I have just upgraded to CCM 3.3.5 from 3.3.3sr4 and trying to install MLA 1-2-4a, however it says I have to uninstall MLA 1-2-2 (that I previously had installed on previous version of CM) before I can install the new version, when I try to uninstall from add/remove programs it can't find the uninstall file, any ideas on another way of uninstalling the old MLA??

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

This may be what you are looking for;

Error You cannot install MLA 1.2(4a) because an error message states that MLA is already installed, but

MLA is not found in the Add/Remove Programs list.

Possible Cause

Removal of the MLA registry key did not complete.

Corrective Action

Perform the following steps to work around this problem:

1. Check whether the following registry key is present:

HKLC\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Multilevel Admin

2. If the registry key is present, delete the registry key manually before you install MLA 1.2(4a).

From this helpful doc for MLA 1.2(4)a;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide09186a0080490d2f.html#wp37808

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hi Rob,

Thanks alot for that, worked fine, I was a bit unsure to go around messing with the registry but it looks like I couldn't do it any other way, I also had to remove the MLA folder from the C:drive.

It's a funny one as if I was to upgrade the MLA before I upgraded the CCM I don't think it would of took the newer MLA release as the compatibiltiy matrix says that MLA 1-2-4a won't work on CCM 3-3-3sr4.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Paul