Views
Helpful
Replies

MobilityManager fail to reach celular

cmartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I recently installed MobilityManager 1.1.1. When a call is placed to a "celular-shared" DN, the celular starts to ring but one second later, it stops without touching anything. Viewing the logs, appear a mesage "couln't set rtp parameters. Disconnecting" (or similar).

Has anybody any idea about why this problem appears?

Thank you very much.

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I hope an ATE session starts soon MM. How do you like this product ? Reading MMs datasheet, the ringing device (unanswered) should stop once the alternate device (say the office phone) is answered. In this case is this happening ?

I m sure this post wont be of much help, but I would be really interested in getting feedbacks from you as to how well this product works.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

MM is a good product. It alows customers to be in contact whenever they are. When a call come into a "shared" device, the celular phone rings too (after a configurable time). You can get the call from the desktop phone or from the celular phone. When you anwer the call, the other phone stops ringing. If you pick up the call from the celular phone, you can "recover" the same call from your desktop phone without voice looses. Great! Isn't it?

Other interesting feature is the posibility of placing a call from any remote location as if you were at your office. MM offers an IVR script that allows users to "take control" over their desktop lines from a remote location and placing calls as if they were at the office.

Is fantastic. The only I need is to make it work!

Hope this brief explanation helps you. And please, if someone knows how to solve my problem... let me know!.

P.D.: Maybe my issue was related with shared lines. Three days ago I tested soap WebDialer and I configure the request profile as "mobility manager enabled". Whe the system placed the call, on phone's screen appear "remote in use" (the same with MM) and I experienced the same issue that I described before. Any idea?

Thank you very much.

f_rojo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

It seems a problem in the TDM link between the gateway and the PSTN, It could be that is missing the "B-answer" from the PSTN side, and the CCM sends a "Clear Forward". Then, you can verify the controller gateway configuration.

I hope this help you

Bye.

Hi everybody.

On the other hand, Here I am configuring the CMM, and I´m not able to startup the remote call, in fact the it seems a wrong configuration, but the CTI´s ´ports are registered in the CCM. I don´t understand why the cti route point must have a directory number of "!", as it is showed in the installation guide. Any idea about it?

The CMM´s cti ports are registered in the CCM, and in the CCM are registered too. But there is not possible to start a call to the remote phone, when the desktop is called from the PSTN. In fact I activated a debug (voice ccapi inout) and there is not any outgoing call for the "Remote Phone".

Additionally, for incoming calls to the CMM server throught the IVR, the gateway is registering the vxml page, but the ivr message are not listened, I´m using ios 12.4T over a 2851.

I´m integrating to the pstn using MFC-R2.

Any idea ?

It is a tricky integration.

Really thank you.

Bye.

f_rojo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

It happened to me too, in the version 1.1.17. If you configure in the "platform" access, the host name of the self server (CMM) with its IP address, in the host menu, it is solved.

BR.

Francisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: