Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

modem connection through NM-HDA

I have a site where there is a 3725 acting as a voice gateway with a PRI and an NH-HDA in it with a dsp farm set up. I have an analog modem that is connected to the HDA via an FXS port. The inbound number comes over the PRI and is handed off to the FXS port to connect to the modem bank. When it was first tested the modem worked, now the line just rings. I have checked the router and I can see the connection on the HDA waiting for establishment from the modem but it is never received. The line just rings. Has anyone else experienced this? I am trying to find the easiest way to get the modem back on line. Any help would be great.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: modem connection through NM-HDA

It sounds like a problem with either the wiring between the HDA and the modem, or the modem itself is not answering. You could try using an analog phone to see if the line is actually ringing.

If I dial the 4 digit extension of the modem internally it will pick up. I have tested the connection to the block with a butt set and I can dial the extension and the modem will ring and pick up. I can see the call coming in and hitting the FXS port but the modem never picks up when you call in through the gateway. I spoke to a TAC engineer the other day that said he has seen modems freak out coming in gateways with DSP farms configured. I dont know if that applies to my case.

The other thing you could check for is, see if you are getting a different ring on an external call as opposed to an internal one. If you put a analog phone on it you could find out. If the external ring is a short ring-ring, the modem may not recognize it as a ring-in.

Views
Helpful
Replies