Views
Helpful
Replies

Modem quality on VG-248

dotoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Has any of you used a VG-248 for a modem bank?. If yes, what's the quality like?. I have had good experiences with its fax capabilities and was wondering if it provides decent modem functionality like the 24 port FXS blade on the Cat 6k.

Cisco docs specifically stated that it has modem capabilities, but I want a real life opinion.

Thanks

Dot

3 Replies 3

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

Similar quality to 6624 blade. You must disable fax-relay on the ports with modems attached for consistent/stable modem connections. You may also need to disable fax-relay on upstream IP device (6608, IOS gateway).

doug.lockwood
Level 1
Level 1

If you are interested, SBC DataComm DCSC North has a $10 Million lab, and would be willing to test it for you. I know for a fact that 2 VG-248 boxes arrived recently, so we have boxes to test with.

If you are interested, Give Mike Godzicki or myself a call.

Typically, there isn't a charge for employees. SBC also provide lab services for our customers, but for a fee.

Regards;

Doug

Thanks. I'll try that.

Dot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: