cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modem support for VG200 w/MGCP

jstrain
Level 1
Level 1

I have modems connected to a VG200 w/12.15xm4 using MGCP w/CallMan 3.12a. Theses are going out a Pri on a different VG200 running H323. The modems will connect for about two seconds (after negotiation) then drop. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

jim

8 Replies 8

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Modem passthrough and modem relay are both planned for the VG200 platform but they are not yet available. If you need further information or need to present a business case to get this implemented more quickly you should contact your account rep.

The modem passthrough command is configured on the VG200. So I guess what you are saying is that the command even though available has no effect? Thanks

I know that the command must be entered in order for fax relay to work. But for modem passthrough/relay I have no idea. You might have better success using 12.1XM software, but still everything I have seen indicates that modem passthrough/relay is planned but not yet offered on the VG200 platform.

I'm experiencing the same problem but with Faxes.

Is faxing or modem passthrough accomplished better if the gatway was not MGCP controlled?

I have seen the document on Hairpinning the Fax, is this better than doing the faxing straigh throug MCGP

controll from the Call Manager.

Thanks

Fax relay should work for you in MGCP mode. You should use the latest 12.1XM code currently, and make sure you enable the command mgcp modem passthrough voip mode cisco. I think in different versions that command actually changed syntax.

I thought fax relay and fax passthrough were not slated to be supported for MGCP on the VG200 until 12.2.2XN?

It has been working fairly reliably using the aforementioned version and config commands.

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

I know there have been alot of posts on this exact scenario. Has anyone got any modems to work with this scenario Vg200 w/ PRI MGCP mode 12.5XM4?

If anyone has a config that is working could you please post it???Thanks