cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

modem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I can't seem to get a modem to work once I am done building a Unity server (after Unity software & TSP driver loaded). I had the modem working when the box had just Windows NT 4.0, Service Pack 6a, Explorer 5.5, & IIS 4.0 on it. However, after loading Exchange 5.5 serv pak 3, Unity Enterprise (had same problem with Connection), & TSP drivers loaded, the modem no longer worked. I had some PC techs trouble shoot it & found that it was not a hardware problem. |The modem doesn't dial out & sometimes hyperterminal locks up on me.<br><br>Does anyone have an answer for this or experienced this problem before? We are setting up Unity servers for customers & I can't get the modems to work so we can't get remote access & tech support can't dial in either.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Might try adding /noserialmice to the end of your C:\boot.ini

Follow these crude instructions.

1. Attrib C:\boot.ini -r -a -s -h
2. Add /noserialmice to the end of your boot lines (e.g. multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT Server Version 4.00" /noserialmice) - also do this for the VGA mode line....
3. Save the file, and attrib C:\boot.ini +R +A +S +H

Be sure to make backups and update your rdisk before doing this (my little disclaimer).

Also check your modem control panel and make sure the modem is installed and happy. You can usually test this by going to the modem control panel and Properties (or could be under advanced or something). Should see some modem lights flash.

Aside from that, check the other obvious things... (cables, modem definition etc)

Brent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: