Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Modems on Cisco CallManager

I have a customer with a need for modems through the system. This customer has a system already installed with a 6608 and IOS T1/PRI gateway and VG248s. Modem speeds are at best 33.6k. They need speeds of about 50k for a Canada site. The plan is a 2600 with AIM 30 and VWIC T1 card. They may use a VG224 or ATAs depending. What is the best way to get high speed modem through the system out a PRI if any? I have heard the VG224 is IOS based and "better" than the VG248. Anyone had success with modems on a VG224 or seen any speed testing results?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Modems on Cisco CallManager

I am not sure about the speed but VG224 can be used in your implememntation

Re: Modems on Cisco CallManager

I have not had great luck with modem speeds and Cisco gear. That being said 99% of all Cisco documents including the 3.3 Call Manager SRND guide state that while v90 speeds are achievable the msot that are supported are v.34 speeds.

I have started seeing and hearing that the best device for modems is athe As5350 or the 5400 .

Views
Helpful
Replies