Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Modifying just the Description Field

Hey, we need to modify 1300 description fields for our phones. Each one has it's own unique description. I would like to use the bat import, but I do not see a Update Phone tab, only insert phone. I checked the bat utility page, and there is an update phones section, but it would update all 1300 phones to the same description not to a unique description. Is there an easy way to do this?

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Modifying just the Description Field

first things first...

if you don't see an Update Phones option, check your version of BAT and upgrade if you can. (what version of CCM? i use BAT 5.14 with CCM 4.13)

using BAT you will be setting all descriptions to one setting unless you configure a BAT script for each of the 1300 phones so you can put a different description to each phone. (very time consuming this way; not very admin friendly put definitely possible)

perhaps you can use another approach such as a mass edit of the database that holds this information. (of course this requires knowledgable scripting and database manipulation)

Re: Modifying just the Description Field

In the CallManager 5.0(4) there is no way to update phones or lines - for ex. Display field, to a value stored in a file (table)? Or do you know any? The Update Phones option allows only device selection according to a "custom file", but the changed fields are set to the same value for all selected phones? Or is there some trick available?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content