cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Audio Source Change

jbwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to change the on hold music for my entire phone network. I see the location of the current audio source file location on both the publisher and subscriber (c:\program files\cisco\moh). Can I just replace the current source with the exact file name of the new file source?

2 Replies 2

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

Oh, you don't want to mess with that:

Creating Audio Sources

When the music on hold server downloads audio source files, the \Program Files\Cisco\MOH directory stores the files. Do not manipulate this directory in any way: if files are updated or placed in this directory, the system overwrites or ignores them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801819bd.html#59089

If the music file that you want to use is not already in your available MOH audio sources (In CM administration, under Service/Media Resources/MoH Audio Source) then you have to drop it into the special directory for processing - usually C:\Program Files\Cisco\DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere. There are warnings about this being processor intensive, so be careful when you do it. Once it has finished, the new audio source will show up in CM admin. You can either pick this as a source for individual devices, or device pool, or you can change the default MOH source for everyone in the Call Manager Service Parameters, way down under ClusterWide Parameters (Service)

Mary Beth

shannong
Level 4
Level 4

If you don't need to keep the existing file on CallManager, you can simply place the new file in the "DropMohFilesHere" folder with the same name as the old one. CCM will find it, convert it, and overwrite the existing MOH files. This means you won't need to update any MOH sources. They all begin receiving the new version when MoH is needed.