cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH codec

dedube23
Level 1
Level 1

I have been looking and I am wondering how call manager picks the codecs for MOH and can I change that? IF so where are the setting located.

thanks

3 Replies 3

mjordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Settings for MOH codecs are located under Service --> Service Parameters --> Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App service. Under the "Service Wide Parameters" section, select the desired codec(s) in the "Supported MOH Codecs" field. (Hold down the Ctrl key to select more than one codec).

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature

If you have a couple codec's in there how do you know which one it is using?

Thanks

Short of sniffing the wire for the MOH stream there isn't really a way to verify which codec is being used. However, the MOH codec in use (if more than one is enabled) will be determined by the settings configured in CallManager under "Region" configuration. If all devices are in a single Region, then the codec you select for that Region should determine the type of MOH codec to be used. If multiple Regions are configured, then MOH codec is determined by the Region codec configuration that the receiving device resides in.

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: