Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MOH design question

I have a multi-tenant environment where multiple sites are sharing the same CM (centralized). Obviously, that has to be transparent to the end users. I have MOH (unicast) configured fine. My problem is that you can only assign a single device pool to a MOH server config. (CM 3.2(2c)). This makes MOH unavailable to devices outside this DP. I haven't run into this toplogy before and have myself stumped. Any ideas on how to make MOH available for all devices, regardless of the DP they belong to? I'm going to dig a little in the design guide, but any suggestions would be great!

6 REPLIES

Re: MOH design question

We're also running a multi tenant CCM setup. Not sure I understand the whole problem.

Device Pools do not limit devices to work within that device pool. Calling Seach Spaces and Partitions allow you to segment out tenants and hide them from one another. The Device Pool just tells a device what date/time group, CCM Group, region and MRGL to use.

I have my MOH server in a GatewaysG729 Device Pool, with a couple of h323 gateways. The MOH server gets put into a Media Resource Group or Group(s) and then gets assigned to a Medial Resource Group List. The Media Resource Group List is then applied a Device Pool. Phones/Device in that Device pool can then use the MOH resources.

I hope this helps. Email me if you want me to elaborate on my setup further.

tim

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Here's an idea.

Build a new Device Pool called DP_Services. Put it into a g.711 region, and configure the rest of your regions to X-Code or not to it. Then add the top-level MRGL to the new DP. Then add your server in with this new Device Pool. Then build a new MRG for example MRG_MOH. So now this new server is off on it's own. Then from the Top-Level MRGL you are using add the new MRG to it. Should you have a MRGL for each tenant you just add the MRG_MOH to that list, or subtract.

Be advised you might want to look into Multicast for your MOH, g.729 MOH get's a bit dicey.

Just a thought, hope my rambling helps

To define the problem a little better, under the MOH Server configuration page in CM (Service-->Media Resource-->MOH Server) you can only assign a single device pool to this server. I tested today, that even with the media resource allocated to the other device pools, the MOH server is only available to the device pool it is assigned to. Now, how can I configure this such that the CM can stream MOH to multiple devices outside the DP it (the MOH server) is assigned to?

I think you have something else configured that is preventing the MOH server from streaming to devices in other device pools. Device Pools, do not limit devices from talking to one another. Is the Device Pool the MOH server in a different region than your IP Phones?

tim

Tim Medley, CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Kalani and Tim,

Thanks for both of your input. Together, with both of these posts I was able to figure this problem out. The problem was region related like Tim stated, and Kalani's suggestion on the design component worked flawlessly. Thank you both for your time and effort. This forum is truly helpful at times. Thanks again!

Mike

Mike- Glad to be of service...My late nights are starting to pay off finally.

Views
Helpful
Replies