Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOH from flash

I have a central site in a datacenter (Callmanager, unity, call center etc )

All remote branch offices have about 50-200 phones (varying sizes). Right now MOH is unicast. I m planning to change this to multicast. But also want to do this with MOH from flash so that I dont have to enable Multicast in the wan and eat a lot of bandwidth. Each remote branch is running CME 4.0 in SRST mode. Phones fall back into CME router in case wan link goes down. Is SRST moh from flash supported with CME in SRST mode ? Remember I dont have call-manager-fallback command, instead I have telephony-service command in each branch.

Thanks

10 REPLIES
Silver

Re: MOH from flash

Hi,

Dont know the answer, but was curious about the reason you use CME in SRST rather than straight SRST? Is it a user feature issue?

Do you use MGCP when the WAN is up?

Cheers,

Tim.

CME in SRST mode is a feature starting with 4.0. The advantage is that you get to program in all the phones as ephones, which gives you a lot more control as far as hunt groups, paging, intercom etc.

Under normal operating conditions(wan up), the gateway is MGCP gateway. When wan goes down, mgcp fallsback to h323 gateway. Phones will register to the local router which is their SRST gateway( I have the ethernet interface of router configured as SRST reference). All phones show up as ephone-dn/ephones and you can set up huntgroups, B-ACD etc.

We have a call center on IPCC under normal operating conditions. In SRST mode, it falls back to basic hunt groups with B-ACD in front. B-ACD can queue upto 300 calls..

HTH

Sankar

Green

Hi,

MOH is supported sourcing from CME-SRST router when the CME is not in SRST mode.

While MOH sourcing from flash for CCM phone is not tested when CCM phone is registered to CME-SRST router in SRST mode.

In the first case it is supported just like any MGCP/H323 gateway not in SRST the only

difference the multicast moh command is configured under telephony-service rather under callmanager fallback.

HTH

Green

I will give it a try in lab and will let u know my findings.

I see that multicast moh command is availale in both modes (telephony-service and call-manager-fallback). With the Moh from flash feature, the callmanager is telling the phone to listen to a mutlicast moh stream (say 239.1.1.1). The phone should not care where its sourced from. So I believe this should work.

Let me know how your testing goes..

Thanks Gonz.

Gonz,

I implemented this today and it does seem to work with out any issues. I am not sure if this is TAC supported yet ?

Sankar.

Green

The answer in May was not TAC supported will check with GW team.

I have CCM using MMOH.

The router is a 2651XM.

it is configured for SRST

When the IP Phones are active, I do get the MMOH.

When they are in SRST I dont get any MOH.

Can I have MMOH while in SRST? (not CCME)

Gonz,

Whats the catch here ?

Isnt the behaviour the same way as in SRST with MOH from flash ?

Justin,

With regular SRST with MOH from flash feature, you will get MOH when your wan link is up and phones are registered to Callmanager. PSTN users will get MOH as long as you configure a loopback address and include the route keyword. Phones in the lan will get MOH as long as you specify the lan ip address in the route keyword.

When the router falls back to SRST, moh will be played only to PSTN users. You will not get moh on internal phones registered in SRST mode. I am not sure if SRST 4.0 has changed any of this behaviour. I will doublecheck.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content