Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MOH G7.29 quality any way to improve besides bandwidth?

I have a single cluster with a single MOH server (CCMPUB), all sites are "Decent" except for one. Is there any "Decent" quality G7.29 audio sources, places to purchase or download or convert so that the stream isnt so bad?

Can I use a VG200 DSP Farm to handle these MOH requests, or will it be a bad idea since all 5 remote sites are G7.29 and to get to unity they have to be G7.11? I have 16 Unity ports making the total resources actually used 32 and I have 72 available dsp resources?

I even thought of setting it up so temporarily the user would get the "Tones" so as to know they havent been hung up on, however I couldnt get that to work unless I turned the run parameter to "Off" and that is an enterprise wide change that can not occur. The only way I was able to at least stop the stream was to set it up to use a MOH audio source for the Device pool to a number that doesnt have an audio source configured for it (e.g. not in use) and it at least doesnt play the crappy music but it also doesnt beep in the held parties ear so they dont think they would be hung up on.

Any suggestions comments concerns would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
8 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: MOH G7.29 quality any way to improve besides bandwidth?

Have you checked out the MoH audio pack on CCO?

Do you have a link for it? I cant seem to find any MOH,

Thanks,

Kevin

Bronze

Its in the 3.3 software section:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/callmgr-33

Down towards the bottom, there are 2 files:

ciscocm-MusicOnHoldSampler.3-1.exe

ciscocm-MusicOnHold.3-1.exe

The first is just a subset of the 2nd.

Gold

Configure your low bandwidth site's device pool with a Media Resource Group List that has no music-on-hold servers at all (you still need conferencing and perhaps MTP depending on your configuration). This will take that site back to "tone on hold".

The music sampler that dugrant mentioned is located at the URL below. Look for "ciscocm-MuscOnHold.3-1.exe". You can try to see if some of those work better for you instead of giving up and going to tone-on-hold. Nothing will sound all that great when coded with g.729, but classical music will tend to suck the least.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/callmgr-33

Thanks both of you. The Tone on hold fix is one that I want to try, I didnt exactly know where to go but that helps, and I will try some classical music that might help. Anything in particular that you would recommend?

I know I personally dont like the "Tone on hold" but its at least an indication that you havent been hung up on, and I would much rather give them something than nothing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Do you know if Cisco still has the music on hold available for download?  I have not been able to locate it today.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You may get more answers by posting a new thread rather than in a 10 years old one.

Thanks Paolo.  I have found the actual Cisco Music on Hold Compact Disc.

Views
Helpful
Replies