Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MOH - How many Fixed Sources?

I just ordered a Soundblaster PC-16 card to use in our Call Manager, as a MOH Fixed Source.

How many of these cards can I put into a single Call Manager? Only one card? Or can I use as many as free PCI slots?

Just curious. We're talking to Muzak about piped in muzac and multiple feeds.

Tim Medley

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MOH - How many Fixed Sources?

You can only configure a single Fixed Audio Source per CallManager cluster. If you need to have more than one fixed audio source feed then you would need to have separate CallManager cluster.

I have setup a fixed audio source with CallManager utilizing a Muzak box as the source of the feed. I just got a converter box with a built-in transformer where I could plug in the copper pair into one side and plug a 1/8" male to male cable into the other side and into the sound card. Works like a champ.

So back to your other question, it would only make sense to put a single sound card in a single server in your cluster since you can only have a single fixed audio source.

We have two call managers (pub, sub) and we are planning to have a fixed music source feed active on both call managers. But your message reads "You can only configure a single Fixed Audio Source per CallManager cluster", what will happen if there is a HW failure on the CM which is running the fixed audio source feed. Will we lose the MOH?

Thanks for your help.

Cisco Employee

I have not yet tested this but my thinking is that if you split the feed and have it plugged into a sound card in both servers, and if the sound cards are identical and both configured, then you would not use the MOH.

This would be something I am curious about but I have not had time to setup in my lab as of yet.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content