Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MOH internal & external

Is it possible to play one MOH stream for internal users and another for users that come in through the Gateway (PSTN) I have assigned a device pool to the Gateway with a different MOG stream than that of the phone but I still get the MOH stream from the device not the gateway. Is this possible?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Green

Re: MOH internal & external

Yes, but you need to configure MRG|MRGL to restrict MOH server use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

If I add the MOH servers to a MRG/MRGL how do I tell the GW to use MOH stream 1 and internal users to use MOH stream 2, as they are both on the same server i.e callmanager?

One option is to assign 2 DNs to each phone, one to take external calls, one to take internal calls. MOH can be configured at the DN level, so you could assign a different source to each DN. The downside is that this could depend on human intervention such as the receptionist transferring the incoming call to the proper extension. There is no way that I'm aware of to have different MOH for internal/external calls with a single DN.

Brandon

Green

Ok, MOH allocation behavior is as follows:

IP Phone A calls IP Phone B.

IP Phone A press HOLD.

Based on what it has configured under DN or DP IP Phone A instructs IP Phone B to hear that audio source.

IP Phone B hears this file from an MOH server in its own MRG/MRGL-

If it doesnt have access it will simply use tone on hold.

So you may configure For example 2 MOH servers and in the second use MMOH, otherwise you will get the behaviour describe above.

As Brandon describe there is no way to change this, and using MMOH can help. You may try it and let us know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content