Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH issue

adelafuente
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a remote side with several IP phones, this phones used a MTP, this mtp intoduces a delay oh 1-2 seconds in the conversations beetwin phones. The problem is when somebody hold a call after say a greatting message and the CCM send the MOH. Due to the delay the MOH is heard before the great.

I want to know if is possible to configure the CallManager to delay the sending of the MOH.

Thank you

Álvaro

5 Replies 5

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your issue is in the network not CCM. If these are remote sites I would recomend using Multicast MOH in the remote location so not network induced delay is incured, you also will save bandwidth.

Mike

It sounds like he actually wants the delay in the MOH, because he already has delay in his phone behaviour already. Maybe you could edit your MOH file so it begins with a few seconds of silence.

Mary Beth

Hi

It´s no valid, because the problem is that the MOH overlap the firts secons of the conversation, so althought the MOH start with silence, this silence overlap the conversation.

I want to delay the sending of the MOH in the CCM

Regards

Álvaro

you've already got delay in your voice streams.

mike is correct in stating that you should check your network first. delaying moh may not be the best practice when attempting to "mask/hide" a rtp stream delay in the network.

Hi

The delay in the rtp strems is due to an MTP, an is a known problem which, at the moment, has not solution. As a workaround i will want to inroduce the delay in the MOH too.

Thanks for your response.