cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Message Problems

rwieting
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CCM 3.2. Recently we had a company professionally record a CD for us. It sounds great until I Drop it into Call Manger and the file gets converted. The Music saounds fine, but the speakers voice is Very lispy. It's very annoying. Does anyone have ideas of what I can do. Sorry, kind of new to posting, please let me know of further needed information.

Thank-You much,

Ryan

3 Replies 3

d-g-c
Level 1
Level 1

If you look in the tftppath folder of your CCM installation you will see the converted MOH .WAV files. CCM converts your nice professionally recorded 16bit stereo music into ALAW, ULAW and G.729 compressed 8bit mono formats for streaming compatibility to VoIP devices. Audio compression works by removing high and low end frequencies which results in a "washy" sound on high frequencies, hence the "lisp" you are hearing on the speakers voice.

Check the codec that the phone is using when listening to MOH.

You would probably need a dedicated streaming device to improve the quality of the MOH.

I checked the codec of the phone listening to the MOH and it was G.711u. Dedicated Streaming Device? What kind of device would this be.

Are there any other possiblities of getting clear voice or are we kind of stuck?

Hi,

We experienced the same problem as you do.

We are not satisfied with the quality.

We could get a satisfing record only by getting the original file transcoded by professionals (which as a cost).

We then put this file in the MOH transcoder, as it is already fitted, they are no perceptible changes done.

What would be this dedicated streaming device ?