cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Problem

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

MOH works when on-net, ip phone to ip phone. When ip phone to outside caller (or outside caller to ip phone), outside caller doesnt hear any MOH.

I am using CM3.1.2c w/ ICS7750 and using CM as the MOH server. Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks

6 Replies 6

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

I have it set for Multicast as well

Hi,

On the gateway configuration page in the CallManager do you have Media Resource Group List or Network/User Hold audio source configured?

marina

Greetings Marina,

The gateways are set to 'None' on all of the following:

Media Resource Group List (I do have one setup called MOHList)

Network Hold Audio Source

User Hold Audio Source

I am not sure which one to set for the Gateway.

On the Device setups for the phones I have the following setup:

Media Resource Group List (set to 'None')

User Hold Audio Source (selected item from available music list)

Network Hold Audio Source (selected item from available music list)

Is there a way to select one music source for all devices on net and those that call in from outside? I think I am almost there, but may be making a bit too much work for myself.....

Thanks!

Hi,

I would do the following. Go to the System -> Device Pool. Probably you have only the Default device pool and all your devices (phones and gateway) are assigned to it. Select files for User Hold Audio Source (that a file that will be played when an ip phone user will press 'hold') and Network Hold Audio Source (ie a call is transfered) , and Media Resource Group List (so your devices know what resources to use ).Update, reset devices. If you got more than one device pool do that for all of them This way you dont have to configure devices one by one .

Again, there are no separate files for on-net and off-net users. Just User ('hold' button is presses on the ip phone)and Network (transfer).

Hope this helps

Marina

Greetings,

I tried that and it didnt change the settings globally.

Phones still have different settings and the Gateways did not update. Maybe I have to change the Gateways manually....

Well,

It won't replace settings or add visible changes on the phones or gateways. That should override them. Have you tried to stop/start the CallManager service yet?

What gateway do you have?Is it possible there is a codec mismatch?

marina