Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MOH Question/Suggestions

Cisco 2821 router. I need to interface (somehow) a MOH unit that stores and continuously plays a digitized audio production for message on hold applications. The unit receives (pulls) audio and configuration updates over the internet from a Content Management System. Connection to a local area network is made by a standard Ethernet interface on the unit. How can I interface with the 2821, FXO is out of the question, anyone try USB.

Any suggestion would be greatful !!

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: MOH Question/Suggestions

cant find any info on MOH from a live feed that does not use an FXO.

Re: MOH Question/Suggestions

Well considering that you can fool a phone into using a local router using the same multicast address as the CM MOH server I couldn't see why you couldn't do this with any application server that can multicast a RTP stream.

You would need to find an application that supports specifiying the multicast address and port. Configure CM with a Multicast MOH, with the same IP and port as the above server and set CM Multicast max hops to 1 for that stream. Assuming your application server is streaming your audio on the correct multicast IP and port, that you have multicast enabled on your network, then when the phone is placed on hold CM instructs it to join the multicast group to receive audio. Since the multicast address is identical the phone should receive it's stream from your application server.

Unfortunately this is all in theory and I'm not to familiar with the Streaming Audio applications out there(but I'm pretty confident they would support multicast).

Hope this helps and if it does then definitely post back the steps you did.

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies