cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH Through VIC-E/M

timmektrakarn
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a doc on how to wire an RCA connector (CD player, DirecTV etc) into an E&M port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The required PINS on the E&M end are in the manual:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33sys.htm#wp2183399

The other end will depend on what you're connecting to, but should be simple enough as audio outs only have a single pair of wires for each channel (you'd be best to take one channel and move the 'balance' control over to one side I imagine...)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The required PINS on the E&M end are in the manual:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/its/cme33/cme33sa/cme33sys.htm#wp2183399

The other end will depend on what you're connecting to, but should be simple enough as audio outs only have a single pair of wires for each channel (you'd be best to take one channel and move the 'balance' control over to one side I imagine...)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I setup MOH via an E&M card and an external audio source - a bogen radio. I was able to get it to work, but the audio quality is awful. I must have done something wrong. Either there is a problem with my wiring or the impedance/ohm output of the radio is not matching the E&M port. According to Bogen the output is line level 600 OHM output. To try and solve this, I am also looking for the correct way to wire a cable to go from an RJ45 E&M port on the 2801 to a standard right and left RCA audio jack. Looking at the Cisco manual, it sounds simple, you just need to hook up pins 3 and 6. On the radio side for the line level output it uses Left/Right RCA jacks. From what I have read each side has a signal (pin) and a ground (jacket). How do I wire left signal, left ground and right signal, right ground (4 wires total) to just two pins on the E&M port? I have searched and searched and I cannot find anything. I would be happy to make my own cable if I just new how. Sorry for rambling.

Todh,

If you ever figured out a way to connect the E&M via RCA cable I would be happy to find out how you did it?

I too am going from a Bogen RM350D to the E&M on the 2811 router for the MOH and having the same issues you had in your post on NetPro.