cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH Translator

jordan.frank
Level 1
Level 1

Why is it that the Cisco MoH Audio Translator converts a .wav file all the way down to 8 bits and 8 khz. This is poor quality and we have a voice recorded message and every s comes out with static. Is there anyway to up the quality on the translator or keep the .wav in better format? The original version is completely clear and when it is translated the .ulaw .alaw and I am not able to play the .g279 file because I do not have the Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.G.729 (133)codec downloaded. Help Please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jordan,

Please email me and I'll send you a updated wav file. I cannot attach it here as it's above 5mb.

justin.brenton@mtsallstream.com

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jordan,

Can you post your wav file so I can listen, here are examples of the quality you should expect. There's only so much you can do with 8k/8bit...

http://www.nch.com.au/acm/index.html

What version of Callmanager are you using? CUCM or CME? also what version?

There are different ways to compile a recording depending on the version of Callmanager that your using.

HTH, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin

Hi Justin,

We are operating with CUCM version 4.2. In this first attachment it is the compressed version I have to send another message with the original media.

Jordan

Here is the original version.

Hi Jordan,

Please email me and I'll send you a updated wav file. I cannot attach it here as it's above 5mb.

justin.brenton@mtsallstream.com

Regards,

Justin

Hey Justin,

Bad news the original sample you converted for me was actually in a 8 bit 44 khz format. It needs to be in 8 khz. When I tried making it into 8 khz it really just loses the quality. Any Ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: